Our goal is to optimise our performance now
and for the benefit of our collective futures.
We believe the investments in people, processes and products to further improve our environmental performance is an investment for our future, not a cost of doing business.
We ensure that our materials are sourced from a sound and sustainable source.
- To maximise the use of raw material by reducing, re-using and recycling.
- Using where possible renewable energy sources and reducing the use of energy in all our products.
- Applying green principles to all new product initiative’s. Promoting our environmental responsibility towards all our customers.
- Supporting suppliers who share our environmental policy.
As a UK leader within the carpet industry, we have a responsibility to all our customers to create a better environment. The way we serve and drive the market sets the pace and standard for a world-class flooring solution. Sustainable developments and ‘creating better environments’ are an integral part of all of Westex activities.
Those who have followed from the outset would know that we started our journey as yarn suppliers. Since then we have grown to be a market leader in producing high-quality wool carpets. During this time, we have strived to ensure we support the environment and never forget our responsibilities to our local community.
Our whole strategy is built around leaving a sustainable legacy to the future generations to build on. 3 core areas in which the above policy must strive to reach and our policy is to exceed these and strive to excel further.
The Environmental dimension
The way in which we measure and manage the environmental impact of the processes and the products associated with the company
The way in which social equity and corporate governance are defined and followed within the company
The Economic dimension
The way in which the company organises its position in the marketplace to actively develop its sustainable profile by using its economic stability and profitability for continuous improvement.
Westex supports these dimensions in a constructive and consistent manner through the following principles:
- Compliance to the national and international governance for the betterment of the environment.
- Integrating Sustainability considerations into all our business decisions
- Review and improve were needed on a regular basis from director level to shop floor
- Promote awareness across our customer network for them to embrace our commitment to continuous improvement
- Westex are fully committed to being a sustainable partner to all our customers and staff
Cropper dust is collected and recycled back into the local agriculture, being in the Rhubarb Triangle we are proud that our cropper dust is recycled by the farmers who grow the rhubarb.
Our carpet waste stays within the industry and is recycled into high-quality carpet underlay used for both domestic and commercial applications.
Cardboard & Paper
It is estimated that for every tonne of cardboard and paper that is recycled up to 17 trees can be saved. We aim to recycle all of our cardboard and paper waste and save trees.
Recycling metal can both help protect the environment and save precious natural resources, so all our metal waste is recycled responsibly.
Wood recycling also saves natural resources and protects the environment. Recycled wood can be used for a diverse range of products including biomass fuels, animals bedding and new wood composite materials.
We strive to keep our general waste to an absolute minimum and the entire company is engaged with our recycling aims.